Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Going backwards

So I'm 22 1/2 weeks now, and really starting to become large & uncomfortable. Its amazing how much transformation your body goes through in just a few short days and how much bigger and stronger my little guy gets every day.

I've starting getting really bad bachaches and hip/tailbone discomfort lately, which completely sucks. If I sit for too long, I'm in pain. If I stand or walk for too long, I'm in pain. Thankfully, I'm more than halfway there, so I can start counting DOWN the weeks instead of counting up.

Its funny how the first half of your pregnancy you can't wait to start showing, you're anxious for all of the symptoms to kick in, you can't wait to feel that first kick...Then all of it hits you at once and you can't wait to be your normal self again. As much as I am enjoying my pregnancy and can hardly contain my happiness, I have to tell you, its been rough.

I told Bobby that I am DEMANDING that he bring me a shit ton of sashimi and sushi while I'm still in the hospital. And that as soon as I feel up to it, I would really love to have a 1/2 a bottle of Blue Moon and snuggle up on the couch with my 2 boys. Eventhough I know all of these limitations are for a good cause (a healthy baby), I am looking forward to being able to eat whatever I want and have a beer here and there. Trust me, I am super paranoid about drinking while breastfeeding, so I doubt I will be able to finish a whole bottle of beer without freaking out. Luckily there is such a thing as breastmilk alcohol test strips, which will be used whenever I have a tiny sip of anything alcoholic.

Oh, and this week our little one is a foot long and a full pound!

Today's Playlist:
One Chance - Modest Mouse
Furr - Blitzen Trapper
Crooked Teeth - Death Cab for Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment