Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Alien/Baby

It seems like every week there is a brand new and increasingly special milestone in my pregnancy.  At first it was hearing his heartbeat. Then seeing the first ultrasound. Then finding out he's a boy. Then feeling my little guy kick for the first time.

Last night was probably the most insane/memorable milestone yet. Its one thing to hear and feel your baby's presence. But SEEING is a completely different story. It brought things to a whole new level, reality-wise.

I was laying on the couch after dinner, just watching tv and snuggling with the kitties (Bobby had already gone to bed). I felt my peanut start kicking, like he always does right after a meal, and looked down at my stomach and SAW my belly pop out and pop back in. I seriously did a double take because I couldn't believe what I had just seen. Luckily the baby decided to give me an encore, and kicked/punched 3 more times, and I could see different parts of my stomach popping in and out. It was so bizarre!

Even though I know how big he is, it didn't really hit me how much of my body I'm actually sharing with him until last night. He's about 7 inches long, which is as long as my hand palm & fingers. When I lay my hand across my belly that takes up almost the whole thing. Its so cool to sit there and vizualize what he must look on the inside.

Anyway, I sat there and laughed and cried at the same time for about 10 minutes because I couldn't believe what had just happened. It was really amazing to bond with my little guy in this new way. I can't wait until he comes into the world. I know nothing will be the same, and its going to be amazing.

Today's Playlist:
Fidelity - Regina Spektor
Ice Storm, Big Gust & You - Tilly & the Wall
The Past and Pending - The Shins

No comments:

Post a Comment