Thursday, October 27, 2011

Childbirth Classes

Yesterday night, Bobby and I started the 6-week childbirth courses I signed us up for. When first looking into the program, I was really worried Bobby would miss most of the classes because of his work schedule, but because of Thanksgiving forcing the class to skip 1 week, it works out perfectly and he can come to them all.

I have to say, I was a little nervous, but after walking in and seeing the variety of couples, and meeting the extremely nice instructor, I was really happy that we decided to sign up. The classes are every Wednesday night from 7-9 and are only about a 1/2 mile from our house, so its super convenient and we don't have to rush dinner or anything because of the timing. I feel like most of the material that will be covered in the class is stuff I am already reading about in my baby books, but its a good opportunity for Bobby to learn all the terminology, stages and circumstances without me talking for 5 hours a night and completely annoying the crap out of him, or him having to read a 400 page book haha!

Plus, we get tons of free snacks, and get to sit in giant beanbag chairs, so that makes me happy :]

This week we covered the different stages of labor, watched a video of a live birth (poor Bobby was blindsided by a close-up of someone's lady-parts exploding! hahahah), and practiced breathing exercises. Eventhough I'm really happy we are doing this together and getting an opportunity to bond, it is making everything seem really real and scary. I'm soooo nervous about labor, and even more nervous how I am going to handle being a mom, career woman, wife, and still manage to have a life. Its going to be a challange, but I'm sure once I see my little man's chubby face, I'll have all the motivation I need.

Today's Playlist:
1, 2, 3, 4 - Feist
If You Can't Sleep - She & Him
Runaway - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

No comments:

Post a Comment