Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This is when the fun starts!

Preparing for our nugget and thinking about what life will be like after he/she arrives, and attempting to make life more managable is definitely occupying the majority of our thoughts and conversations these days. Every time we go shopping, we end up buying at least 2 things for the baby. Just a few days ago, we went to Target for for socks and shampoo, and ended up coming home with a sock monkey stuffed animal and a bear shaped camping chair. Eventhough our little one won't be able to fully enjoy either of these things for quite some time, its mostly a bonding experience for Bobby and I.





With his work schedule being so hectic, we don't get a lot of time together, so we try to make every errand, outing, chore and second really count. Its frustrating to try and fit some romance into a grocery run, or schedule a movie date after a 14 hour day, but somehow, we make it work. I know that I will feel like a single parent a lot of the time, but I'm glad that our child will get to have a private, seperate relationship with their father, while I'm at work. Its important to have inside jokes, secret milkshakes before dinner, and quality time with just the two of them. I'm sad that we won't have a ton of time together as a family unit, but I'm glad that they will have time together, away from me.

Growing up in a home without a father figure (or at least a really crappy one), I think the most exciting thing I can give to my baby is the gift of a good, stable father. I am really looking forward to seeing the bond that Bobby and our baby create, and I already love him more for being such a supportive partner to me, and such a kind, hardworking and loving man. I couldn't ask for more.

Today's Playlist:
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi
Shades - The Devil Makes Three
Is This It - The Strokes

No comments:

Post a Comment