Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Maternity Clothes

So this week I think it finally happened...my belly has popped out and I officially look like a real mama bear. It feels so good to be out of the awkward "maybe she's just fat" stage, and be into the "aw she's such a cute preggie" stage now. I was starting to get a little self concious about my "FUPA", as we call it. (If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't google it).

So in honor of my newly grown baby bump, and my ever shrinking jeans (its them, not me, I swear!), I went shopping for some cute maternity clothes. To my susprise and disdain, there is no such thing as "cute" maternity clothes. Everything makes you look like you have no boobs, are WAY larger than you actually are, cover everything up as if you're a shrew that shouldn't ever see the light of day, or give you a massive camel toe. Great.

I originally went shopping for jeans with a belly panel, but ended up going home with a new bra, a few pairs of cute underwear, 2 new pairs of shoes, a dress, and a few decent shirts that I can wear to work (woo effing hoo...). Looks like I might be converting some of my exisiting jeans into elastic waistband DIY projects in the next few weeks.

On another note, we get to find out out little nugget's gender in just a few short weeks! I can't wait to start buying miniature clothes, decorating the nursery and planning the baby shower!

Today's playlist:
Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
When I'm With You - Best Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment