Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Updates!

So today was my first ultrasound since the hospital fiasco 2 weeks ago, and boy was it a relief to see our little nugget's heart beating away on the ultrasound screen! Bobby had to work and couldn't make it to my appointment, so I took my mom with me and it was actually really nice to have her there because she was so excited to see our baby in real life for the first time instead of just a crummy picture. Also, she is referring to our kid as "him" and "he" Can you guess what she's hoping for?  :] Silly mama!

The reason I went in was to get my standard 1st trimester Nuchal Translucency screening, which is basically the first step in a 2 part screening for genetic abnormalities like Down Syndrome, Tay Sachs, etc. We won't get the preliminary results for about a week, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that our nugget is healthy and thriving. Before my appointment, we discussed the possibility of our baby having a disability and we came to the conclusion that we will love it no matter what the circumstances might be. We have worked so hard to prepare ourselves for parenthood, and whatever the universe decides to hand us, we know we can make it work.

So far, everything looks, feels and seems to be working out! Our little jellybean even waved hello!


Also, we recently celebrated making it to the 12 week mark, which is a huge deal for us. Not only do the chances of miscarriage go down significantly after 12 weeks, it marks the beginning of your 2nd trimester. I think now things are starting to feel real to me and I have been in full blown mommy mode. I'm constantly scouring the internet for discounts on baby products and already designing the nursery in my head. I'm fully taking advantage of my new found energy. Who knows how long it will last!


Today's playlist:
Our Deal - Best Coast
I'm Good, I'm Gone - Lykke Li
The Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment