Thursday, September 8, 2011

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!

Well...not really. But, I am literally counting the hours until the 20th. Kasier just called me and set up an appointment on that morning to find out the gender of our peanut! I am beyond excited/anxious/nervous to finally find out! Its been torture buying nothing but gender neutral clothes & supplies for this little one. I want to be able to finally decide on dresses or overalls. Flowers or trucks. Sneakers or Mary Janes. Oh, and finally get the nursery going. I had a revalation- I only have 5 more months to pull this off. AHHHH!





Its been so long since I've been around newborns. I mean, my nephews are already pre-teens- talk about feeling old! I have a lot of re-learning and surprises coming my way. Luckily I have a flexible job that will allow me to take up to 4 months of maternity leave, AND Bobby gets 8 weeks of paid family leave. I'm so excited to have 2 months of help, bonding and free time (well, as much as we can manage with a screaming bundle of joy). It will definitely help us figure things out together and help us establish some kind of schedule before I'm left all alone for the last 2 months.

Bobby also signed me up for a magazine subscription to Amberican Baby, which has been surprisingly educational. There was a really interesting article in this month's issue about the various natural reflexes that newborns have, and where they originate from. Its so amazing how intricate and complex they are, even from day one. I can't wait to meet you little one!

Today's Playlist:
Shades - The Devil Makes Three
Howlin' For You - The Black Keys
From - Dr. Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment