Friday, July 22, 2011

There's really something in there!

Before today, I was still a little skeptical about whether or not there was actually a baby...in there. A real, wiggly, big headed baby.

Today, we had our first ultrasound, and let me tell you, It was a relief to see my little nugget floating around in there. I'm still too early along to feel any movements or any major symptoms other than nausea, but our little sweet pea did a funny little dance for us while we were watching it. It seemed to stretch out and do a happy little jig! It was the cutest thing ever.

When people tell you that becoming parents makes you feel 500 emotions at once, they weren't kidding! I am ecstatic that everything is growing & developing as it should, and so stoked that we got to see the heartbeat.

Seeing our baby on that monitor was the strangest mix of fear (can I really pull this off?/Will I be a good mom?/What will people think?), joy - (I can't believe that little bean is ours!/YAY!!!/I want to have it already!), and contentment - (Things might actually work out for us this time/My life is complete/etc/etc).

Here's a little glimpse of what our "nuggy" looks like:




Also, a little surprise: I'm farther along than we origianally thought! I thought I was 8 weeks & 6 days, but I'm really 9 weeks & 4 days! So that brings our due date up a bit. It was originally February 25 and now its February 21st. I mean, if our kid is THIS cute already, imagine how adorable its going to be once its done cooking. Conceited, I know, but...just sayin!

Today's playlist:
First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
Up Up & Away - Kid Cudi
Valarie - Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment