Thursday, July 14, 2011

I thought I was one of the lucky ones...Yeah Right.

So these last few weeks since we found out we were expecting, have been pretty much smooth sailing except for the constant bathroom runs, and insatiable hunger.

Then last weekend rolls along and decides to pretty much floor me with the worst pregnancy symptom in the book: Morning Sickness. By the way, whoever dubbed this side-effect "Morning" Sickness should get slapped up-side the head. It's more like 24/7 sickness. I wake up, brush my teeth, throw up whatever water I drank throughout the night. Get in the shower, dry heave almost the entire time because my apple scented shampoo now smells exactly like vomit. Get out & get ready whith my pale-as-a-ghost face and hobble around the house like an idiot. Then, attempt to drink a tiny glass of juice with my prenatal vitamin. It is a battle of epic proportions to keep that little bad boy down.

Get to work (late of course) & slowly/ cautiously eat some yogurt. Feeling a little better. For about an hour. Then I start feeling like a pukey zombie again. Have...To Eat...Something. Fruit & fruit flavored foods are the only thing that make me feel somewhat normal.

Here's a glimpse of what I have been surviving off of for the past week





Other than this awful queasiness, I feel pretty great. According to all of the millions of baby websites I now stalk every spare moment I get, our lil nugget is about the size of a raspberry. And my uterus is about the size of a grapefruit. All I have to say is, THANK YOU BABY JESUS I SAVED MY FAT GIRL PANTS. They are the only jeans I can fit into anymore. Depressing, but thats the name of the game I suppose.

Today's playlist:
That's It, I Quit - Adele
The Knife - Grizzly Bear
I Don't Know What to Do - Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson

No comments:

Post a Comment