Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Father's Day Has a Whole New Meaning!

I have to pee. Every 5 minutes. I want to eat everything in sight and my boobs feel like someone punched them. So, naturally, I take a pregnancy test. 2 lines. OHMAHGAWD!


Now, this all happened at 11 o'clock at night on Saturday, June 18th while Bobby was working the night shift. Instead of rushing to find my cell phone in the bottom of my purse and texting him the good news, I decide to wait. I mean, Father's Day is tomorrow after all. So, I wrap the test up in a cute little gift bag, set an alarm for 5 AM and attempt to go to sleep for a few hours until he gets home. After what seems like an eternity, my alarm goes off and I get up, brush my hair, brush my teeth and do my best to look like a cute, glowy pregnant lady & make a BIG breakfast. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, the works, y'all.

He walks in the door around 5:45 and I really hadn't thought up a good excuse why I was up at the buttcrack of dawn making breakfast. I told him I couldn't sleep and figured he must be hungry after working all night (I'm bad at lying). He was suspicious to say the least.

I feed him his giant meal and then tell him I was at Target last night and saw a cute little thing that reminded me of him. I took him to the bedroom and gave him the gift bag. Because I was so excited, I went a little overboard when wrapping the test in tissue paper, so it looked more like a tampon when he took it out of the bag haha! He asked if I had gotten him a pen, a knife, a new lint roller. Then, finally, I think it sunk in because he started saying "NO WAY NO WAY NO WAYYYYY". We kissed. We hugged. It was awesome. We were/are over the moon about the whole thing. 



Can't wait to see our baby nugget in an ultrasound! July 22nd can't come soon enough!

Father's Day Playlist:
Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da - The Beatles
New Soul - Yael Naim
You Will You Will You Will - Bright Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment