Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lady of Leisure...Kinda

So last Wednesday was my official last day of work, and as you can see by my lack of blog posts, I've been enjoying myself. Sleeping in, making big breakfasts, taking naps, gardening, cleaning and just enjoying life has been the best experience. It also allows me to spend more time with Bobby in between his shifts at work, and that alone is amazing. I think we are both starting to realize that we aren't ever going to be alone again. That is both a comforting/sweet and scary thought.

Other than being a complete lady of leisure for the past 7 days, I've actually started to get regular contractions. They come about every 45 minutes, and aren't painful at all. It's great to know that my body knows what it is supposed to do, and that it is progressing naturally, but it is still pretty terrifying to think that in a few short days, I actually have to go through with this. I don't even want to talk about it. Lets just ignore that subject for now.

At my last appointment, I found out that I was 2 cm dilated, and 80% effaced. So, a little bit of progress from the week before, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'm just an impatient person though, so its no surprise that I am getting anxious. I think that after all the contractions I've been having, my appointment on Wednesday (which is also my new due date) will show even more progress. Lets keep our fingers crossed that baby Gunner is finally ready to meet everyone!

2 days until my new due date! HOLY SHIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment