Monday, February 6, 2012

38 weeks!

It is SO BIZARRE that my new due date is NEXT WEEK! I can't even believe that I am almost done being pregnant, and so close to finally meeting my little man! I feel ready. I think... Our house is totally ready for him: the nursery is done, the freezer is packed with food, the bathroom and kitchen cabinets are stuffed with essentials, the bills are paid, my disability foms are filled out, everything is pretty clean, and our hospital bag is packed. Now all I have to do is wrap my head around the idea that I'm going to be someone's mom. That notion is the hardest one I think. The fact that I am an offical, real, functioning adult. With a kid. I know I can do it, but it is really weird. I mean, all of these responsibilities really snuck up on me. I catch myself doing something really adult-like and it makes me do a double take. As I'm washing my DISHES after dinner, after a full day at WORK, and my HUSBAND asks me if I paid the ELECTRICITY, and I say yes, and I also paid the CAR REGISTRATION and ordered new CHECKS, I feel like I'm living someone else's life. I mean, when the heck did I become an adult? Now, with a baby in the mix, I think its really going to seal the whole "I'm old" deal hahaha.

But seriously, I am SO looking forward to hugging and kissing my little bubbies! I've been dreaming about him almost every night. I am just so excited to count his little toes, see his little face, and hear his little voice. I can imagine how much I love him in my head, but I don't think I am really prepared for how much my heart is going to grow the minute they place him on my chest. Its an overwhelming idea that he will be 50% mine, 50% Bobbys and 100% ours. I can't wait to meet him and tell him how much I love him and how long I've been waiting to have him here. He will be my greatest accomplishment, my most prized possession and my greatest joy. This is going to be wild guys, freaking wild.

10 days left until my due date, 3 days left of work, and I'm guessing he is about 19.75 inches and about 7 pounds. Supposedly the size of a leek! 

No comments:

Post a Comment